Board of Directors
Fax: (806) 894-5349
The purpose of the funding is to improve the quality, availability, and organization of health care and support services for individuals with HIV infections and their families. Funds will be used to develop or enhance access to a comprehensive continuum of high quality, community-based care for low-income individuals and families with HIV disease.
Payer of Last Resort
Funding is specifically for individuals living with HIV and AIDS who need it most-those without any other means of paying for needed care and treatment. This money pays for services for an infected/affected person who either has no personal means of paying and/or whose insurance does not cover the service.
Ryan White HIV/AIDS Services
The CARE Act was created by congress to fund the health and social service needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
The Act was named after Ryan White, an Indiana teenager who was infected with HIV from a blood transfusion.
His family fought to educate people about the needs of people with HIV/AIDS.
He lived from 12/1971-4/1990, but he was able to address congress before he died.
In 2006 the CARE Act was re-authorized and became the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act.
In 2009, the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act was extended and renamed the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Extension Act of 2009.
• You must be HIV positive.
• You must be a Texas Resident.
Proof of HIV status (such as a test result)
An individual must have a diagnosis of HIV infection to be eligible for RW medical care. There are a number of different ways to document HIV infection. Some examples of acceptable forms of documentation are provided below:
• Laboratory Result with a positive result from an HIV screening test (Multi-spot, HIV ½ Combo Ab/Ag enzyme immunoassay [EIA]);
• Positive result from an HIV 1 RNA qualitative virologic test such as an HIV 1 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT);
• Detectable quantity from an HIV 1 RNA quantitative virologic test (e.g. viral load test);
• A signed statement from a physician, physician’s assistant, advanced practice nurse, or registered nurse attesting to the HIV positive status of the person;
• A completed Medical Certification Form (from the Texas HIV Medication Program application); OR
• A hospital discharge summary documenting HIV infection of the client.
Acceptable Forms of Required Documentation for Initial Appointment
Proof of Positivity
• Western Blot Results
• HIV Letter of Diagnosis
• Lab Results with measurable viral load count
Proof of Texas Residency
• Valid Texas ID with current address listed
• Valid Lease Agreement
• Utility Bill
• Birth Certificate
Proof of Income
• 3 most current pay stubs
• SSI/SSDI Award Letter
• Tax Return Form
• Bank Statement
• Zero Income Verification
Social Security Cards (not required)
Medical Insurance Cards (if any)
• Private Insurance
• Prescription Cards
All Medications Currently Taking
• HIV / AIDS Medications
• Other Medications
HIV Medical and Social Services
You may be eligible for some or all of these HIV Medical and Social Services through Project CHAMPS.
• HIV / AIDS Medical Care
• Case Management
• Oral Health Care
• Drug Reimbursement
• Food Assistance
• Health Education & Risk Reduction
• Health Insurance Assistance
• Home Health Care
• Hospice Services
• Housing & Utility Services
• Legal Services
• Interpreting Services
• Mental Health Services
• Outreach & Referral Services
• Psychosocial Support Services
• Rehabilitation Services
• Respite Care
• Substance Abuse Services
• Treatment Adherence Counseling
PROJECT CHAMPS LUBBOCK
3307 AVENUE X LUBBOCK, TX. 79411
PHONE: (806)771-0736 ext. 204 Fax: (806)771-3398
PROJECT CHAMPS EL PASO
1201 EAST SCHUSTER 1A EL PASO, TX. 79905
PHONE: (915) 533-3393 FAX: (915) 533-3378
• El Paso
• Jeff Davis
SPCAA PROJECT CHAMPS RYAN WHITE PART B HIV
SERVICE DELIVERY AREA
RYAN WHITE PART B, TX STATE SERVICES, & HOPWA
(HOUSING OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE LIVING W/AIDS) HIV SERVICES:
Project CHAMPS Contact
© Copy Write 2015 - South Plains Community Action Association
An Equal Opportunity Employer & Programs
Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Relay Texas (800) 735-2989 (TDD) or (800)735-2988 voice