SPCAA Head Start is seeking a motivated individual to serve as a PT Family Support Worker at our Levelland Building Blocks Center.
Head Start is committed to establishing a learning environment in which children, parents, and staff can teach and learn from one another. All Head Start and Early Head Staff shall agree to abide by the program’s standards of conduct introduced during pre-service and/or orientation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Works collaboratively with supervisor to ensure all Head Start Performance Standards, The Head Start Act, and TDFPS Minimum standards are implemented as set forth in the SPCAA Head Start and Early Head Start policies and procedures.
• Engages in mutually respectful goal-oriented partnerships with families to promote parent-child relationships and family well-being.
• Respects and responds appropriately to the culture, language, values, and family structures of each family served.
• Supports families’ safety, health, financial stability, life goals and aspirations.
• Enhances parent-child relationship and supports parents’ role as the first and lifelong educator of their children.
• Facilitates networks and group activities that support families’ strengths, interests, and needs.
• Supports families in using community resources that enhance family well-being and children’s learning and development.
• Acts as a member of a comprehensive services team so that family service activities are coordinated and integrated throughout the program.
• Collects and analyzes information to find new solutions to challenges as part of ongoing monitoring in order to continuously improve services.
• Participates actively in opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Responsible for maintaining complete, accurate documentation in a timely manner.
• Capture, value, and appropriately document non-federal share
• Complete requirements to be identified as a Navigator in the Community Partner Program to assist families of enrolled children in Head Start and/or Early Head Start complete the online application process for SNAP benefits, TANF benefits and/or Medicaid or Chip benefits as the need is identified for enrolled families.
Interested person may get applications from any South Plains Community Action Association, Inc. (SPCAA, Inc.), Workforce Centers, or on the SPCAA, Inc. website (www.spcaa.org). Submit Applications and resumes via the SPCAA, Inc. website, via fax to 806.894.6591 or to the HR Dept. at SPCAA, Inc. PO Box 610, Levelland, TX 79336. All applicants must be registered with Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com). SPCAA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For questions regarding positions please contact Human Resources at 806.894.6104.