Head Start is committed to establishing a learning environment in which children, parents, and staff can teach and learn from one another. To accomplish this goal, staff must display sensitivity to and knowledge of the community’s cultural differences and issues. All Head Start and Early Head Staff shall agree to abide by the program’s standards of conduct introduced during pre-service and/or orientation. Employee orientation, pre-service and in-service training are provided in order to assist staff and volunteers in acquiring or increasing the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill their job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Connect Nutrition Consultant and work with Health Services staff to provide services to Head Start and Early Head Start enrolled children and families with identified nutritional concerns.
• Work in conjunction with Nutrition Consultant to develop and present health education and promotion programs, such as training workshops, conferences and school or community presentations
• Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations
• Develop educational materials and programs for Head Start and Early Head Start children and families
• Prepare and distribute health education materials, such as reports, bulletins, and visual aids to address Nutritional and other health concerns
• Assists in the provision of quality Mental Health and Disability services that meet or exceed Head Start Performance Standards, The Head Start Act, ongoing guidance from the Office of Head Start, and TDFPS Minimum Standards, by developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Provide technical assistance, training, and facilitate resource access in the Health service areas as requested by center staff, Manager, or other grantee or partner agency administrators
• Monitor records and program activities and work with program staff and others to ensure all Health requirements are completed within established timelines.
• Assist Health Manager in the establishment and maintenance of the Health Services Advisory Committee
Interested person may get applications from any South Plains Community Action Association, Inc. (SPCAA, Inc.), Workforce Centers, or on the SPCAA, Inc. website (www.spcaa.org). Submit Applications and resumes via the SPCAA, Inc. website, via fax to 806.894.6591 or to the HR Dept. at SPCAA, Inc. PO Box 610, Levelland, TX 79336. All applicants must be registered with Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com). SPCAA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For questions regarding positions please contact Human Resources at 806.894.6104.