SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing overall activities at the Levelland Workforce Center. Responsible for ensuring that all program goals and objectives are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- 1. Supplies Division Director with information regarding center performance and customer satisfaction on a monthly basis or as required by supervisor.
- 2. Works closely with center partners to ensure maximum customer benefit.
- 3. Attends scheduled staff meetings to discuss program activities and problems.
- 4. Supervises and evaluates all Center Staff.
- 5. Responsible for recommending training and other staff development activities for all Center staff.
- 6. Network with community to promote career center workforce activities and to coordinate service provider activities.
- 7. May maintain an enrollment spreadsheet tracking enrollment and activities that follow.
- 8. Reconcile performance issues with goals on the Monthly Report provided by the Division Director.
- 9. Assist in reaching monthly performance goals for customer activity and expenditures.
- 10. May provide referral and supportive services to participants by utilizing applicable social and other training organizations in the community.
- 11. May performs visits to customers' homes and training provider's sites.
- 12. Implements prescribed program-related procedures and accurate case management.
- 13. Serves as a liaison between customers, and service providers.
- 14. Provide ongoing case management and serves as a liaison between customers and providers. Identifies problem areas and service gaps.
- 15. Manages a comprehensive case load.
- 16. Prepare and submit monthly reports to supervisor on areas that are barriers to services for customers.
- 17. up with customers who have gone to work in order to assure job retention.
- 18. Interpret policies and procedures and make recommendations to management on policy and procedures changes.
- 19. Responsible for maintaining accurate case documentation and records,
- 20. Uses personal computer to input information and maintain timely case reporting on TWIST and other stated automated reporting systems.
- 21. Provide ongoing case management and serve as a liaison between customers and service providers.
- 22. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A four-year college degree with major emphasis in social sciences, education, or a field related in employment opportunities and public relations preferred. Related work experience will substitute for a degree on a two-for-one basis. A minimum of two years of case management experience, or similar activities involving individual counseling and case management. Familiar and sensitive to the unique needs of economically disadvantaged individuals and families of diverse ethnic backgrounds. Must have strong, effective oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Preferred experience in data entry, state data systems, Excel, Word, and Power Point. Knowledge in Workforce programs ideal, including: WIOA, TANF, SNAP E&T, ES/UI - familiar with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Basic computer literacy, including the ability to use the Internet and Microsoft Office products. Keyboarding skills mandatory. Ability to work in a team environment. Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service orientation. Strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual candidates preferred.
Knowledge of community resources and case management principles, including: Objectives, standards, and methods. Familiar with structured program policies and procedures. Ability to assess customer needs, provide guidance to other staff, and assist with various case management activities.
Knowledge of, or ability to, learn and use TWIST, WorkinTexas, and other automated reporting software/systems. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). Ability to make frequent visits to the homes of assigned customers, and training provider sites, where appropriate. Ability to communicate professionally, and effectively, with customers, vendors, administration, and other employees. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to travel within service area.
Must possess a Valid Texas Driver’s License and provide automobile liability insurance as required by the State of Texas.
Interested person may get applications from any South Plains Community Action Association, Inc. (SPCAA, Inc.), WorkForce Centers, or on the SPCAA, Inc. website (www.spcaa.org). Submit Applications and resumes via the SPCAA, Inc. website, via fax to 806.894.6591 or to the HR Dept. at SPCAA, Inc. PO Box 610, Levelland, TX 79336. All applicants must be registered with Work in Texas (www.workintexas.com). SPCAA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For questions regarding positions please contact Human Resources at 806.894.6104. All applicants must be registered with WorkInTexas.